Resolution Series 266-MKII, 266-MKII R and 266-MKII RC
We are pleased to be able to announce the new "R" and "RC" versions of the FM 266-MKII. Shown first time in May at the Hifi Deluxe exhibition in Munich they sure caught the eyes of many an admirer.
The R version of the FM 266-MKII uses a beautiful remote control that is hand crafted out of selected wood. This remote is carefully crafted at our factory in Switzerland.
The RC version of the FM 266-MKII also includes this remote control and additionally features the ARC - Acoustic Resonance Compensation circuits - exactly the same that are incorporated in the
Located behind a protective panel on the front of the FM 266-MKIIRC the ARC circuits allow amelioration of sound reproduction by eliminating room resonances. Room modes
occur when parallel surfaces create one or more pronounced resonance peaks that are superimposed on the actual music resulting in boominess and poor low and low-mid frequency definition.
The ARC is also helpful when there are resonances from other sources in the room (e.g. air conditioning or any other resonating surface or room component).
- The set up of the ARC circuits requires knowledge and test equipment. Our official distributors will therefore perform this service at no charge to our clients.
Of course, all characteristics that have made the FM 266-MKII unique have been kept. The MKII version is the continuation of the highly esteemed FM 266.
Who would ever have imagined what success the FM 266 series would achieve in its 24 years of continuous production? A unit perfected so carefully that it never required a single modification
or correction, providing a performance so far ahead that others did not even try to challenge it.
New parts have become available that - together with advanced insights due to continuous R+D - allow the first amelioration. The refinement s manifest themselves in some smaller modifications but also some more substantial improvements - as described below.
New switchable linear impedance attenuators are on balanced inputs I, II and III.
These are very useful with of todays high level components (CD/DVD players/download servers/converters etc.) some of which produce excessively high output voltages - often far above the
standardized levels. Such excessive levels can overload input stages and they force the user to set the Level control on the line stage to very low settings, so low that the line
stage actually works as an attenuator instead of a preamplifier.
The new input attenuators of the FM 266 MKII series lower the excessive levels whilst guaranteeing perfect balancing (not an easy feat!). This in turn results in optimized gain structure of the system and ideal Level Control setting (around 12 o'clock position for normal listening levels).
Optimal gain structure
To allow optimization of the total system gain - which differs widely from one system to another - further level switches allow tuning of the internal gain of the FM 266-MKII. This allows more flexibility in system gain optimization. Any system can be set to an optimal gain structure - which improves total system performance.
The new HR modules (19610) are used on the inputs. They help to achieve an astounding 100dB of rejection of Common Mode signals (such as interference, hum, noise etc.) making the FM 266-MKII immune against interference. This outstanding interference rejection ratio is achieved not with cheap op amps but with fine-tuned discrete Class A circuit configurations guaranteeing the ultimate resolution in the unique FM ACOUSTICS way.
The new "HR" type 19200 modules are employed for the true balanced outputs. These new HR modules are the result of a multi-year development. They achieve a superb level of reproduction and reliability. Never before has such a level of accuracy been achieved.
To avoid negative influence from spurious resonance and guarantee positive "stability" the FM 266-MKII employs unique resonance-eliminator supports. These isolate the unit from potential resonances which are absorbed and converted into thermal energy.
Purpose built testing equipment allows the precision Output Level and Balance controls to be carefully hand selected. In combination with top class interference rejection and ultra efficient shielding the highest level of musical accuracy is achieved.
A small detail that improves vibration resistance and potential contact problems in harsh environments and transport mishandling: precision soldered flexible inter-pcb connections.
- Music reproduction to dream of...
- The only truly balanced preamplifier
- Proprietary enhanced Class A circuitry
- Absolutely superb CMRR (rejection of interference and non-music signals - CMRR of 100 dB - which is 100-1000 times better than other so-called "balanced" equipment)
- Unbalanced and pseudo-balanced signals are automatically balanced right at input
- All of the balanced input paths have precisely the same characteristics.
- Tremendous headroom and reserves in input signal handling capability (+21dBv!)
- Unique, true balanced outputs automatically optimize performance with balanced or unbalanced amplifiers
- Fully discrete circuitry using special curve-tracer analysed and listening-selected semi-conductors
- No overall feedback / feedforward
- Outputs drive any load and long cables with perfect reproduction
- No more matching problems between electronics and cables
- Precision Balance and Output Level controls guarantee absolute freedom from noise & interference.
- No stepped or inferior sounding digital or optical volume control
- Internal transformer utilises special shielding technology
- Extremely low impedance power supply
- Multiple on-board stabilisation and further stabilisation next to individual amplification stages
- Hand-selected and individually matched components of DIN, IEC & MIL standard
- The Resolution Series ® 266-MKII is T H E ultra precision high-level pre-amplification centre featuring 6 true balanced high-level inputs and a precision buffered true balanced tape/auxiliary loop